- Operate an up to 20-passenger wheelchair lift-equipped bus to transport passengers in a safe
- Transport passengers on a fixed route schedule or on-demand curb-to-curb
- Utilize Via, Horizons’ on-demand ride service software. Training will be provided upon
- Assist passengers on and off the bus including special needs and wheelchair-bound
- Be courteous and respectful at all times and make passengers feel comfortable about using NTS transportation.
- Collect fares and sell tickets to passengers for using NTS
- Safely handle passenger
- Keep NTS vehicles clean at all times according to department
- Communicate on two-way radio as required. Must keep in contact with dispatch at all times, keeping transmissions objective, professional, and related to the business of the bus operations in accordance with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and departmental
- Strictly adhere to all local, state, and federal driving
- Carry required driver’s license at all
- Read and follow all policies and information in the Driver’s
- Keep accurate records and complete reports as
- Purposefully conduct all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the Horizons commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer services
- Good time management
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- All employees must learn and comply with all safety and health rules and regulations applicable to their work. It is their further responsibility to support Horizons in providing a safe place to work and to protect themselves, co-workers, and clients against injuries or illnesses.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations.
- Recognize and build on the cultural diversity of our clients and co-workers.
- Attend training as directed; maintain agency, funder, and state training
- Actively, assertively, and thoughtfully participate in staff meetings on a regular basis, as scheduled by the
- Provide internal referrals where appropriate to promote Horizons’ holistic approach to health services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Driver position prefers a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Two years relevant driving experience is preferred.
HOURS AND SCHEDULE EXPECTATIONS:
Part time flexible hours Nights and Weekends
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to read, write, and speak English in order to communicate with clients, co-workers and supervisor; read policies, handbooks, and training materials; and read the schedule and passenger manifest. Must be a good, safe driver. Must have good time management skills. Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Must be able to push a wheelchair with a person weighing up to 300 pounds. Must be able to climb in and out of a vehicle repeatedly for the length of the work shift. Must be able to understand written, visual and other sensory stimuli. Must demonstrate a cooperative, courteous, dependable working performance. Must possess high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Horizons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A valid Iowa Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class C or above, with the passenger endorsement is preferred. A minimum of Iowa chauffeur’s license with the passenger endorsement is
- Must be 18 years or
- Must not possess any other state issued driver’s
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam, which includes both a urine drug test and a Breathalyzer alcohol test every two years as mandated by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Maintain a good driving record as determined by Horizons’ insurance company and the Department of Motor Vehicles. NTS will obtain a Motor Vehicle Report
- Must supply all needed
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s
- Must possess valid auto
- Must be able to pass a criminal history and child and dependent adult abuse background