AmeriCorps members will serve with Horizons, A Family Service Alliance to address food security and client care in Linn County through the following service activities:
Develop a Senior Care Evaluation
- Consult with MyCareCommunity and Meals on Wheels department to determine available resources
- Research Meals on Wheels client needs
- Create Senior Care Evaluation documentation
Manage Senior Care Evaluations
- Engage Meals on Wheels clients in Senior Care Evaluations
- Identify which seniors need additional resources
- Sign up Meals on Wheels clients for MyCareCommunity database
- Connect seniors with potential volunteers who could assist them
- Coach Meals on Wheels staff on MyCareCommunity programming
Support Meals on Wheels volunteer coordination and meal delivery
- Manage volunteers during hot meal route pick ups
- Deliver Meals on Wheels routes as needed (Using company vehicle)
- Support staff in volunteer recruitment, create content for social media accounts, community outreach
- Support the transition to ServTracker, a healthcare integration app
- Support Meals on Wheels operations as needed
Member may be asked to participate in additional service activities that are not included in the member positions description but are in alignment with the approved grant activities. Volunteers recruited by, instructed by, and/or supported by the member will not participate in prohibited activities as outlined by the grant.
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, or be in process of completion
- Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Must pass mandatory pre-service background checks
Benefits and Evaluation Requirements:
- A living allowance of will be paid to help meet the necessary living expenses incurred while serving in the AmeriCorps program. The living allowance will be divided evenly across the term of service and paid every two weeks via direct deposit.
- Upon successful completion of the term of service, the member will receive a Segal Education Award from the National Service Trust. AmeriCorps members age 55 or older at the start of service can transfer the award to a child or grandchild.
- Student loan deferment, forbearance or forgiveness opportunities are available depending on the type of student loan. It is the member’s responsibility to obtain information about whether their loan(s) qualify for this benefit. This is not an automatic benefit of the program.
- Health insurance and childcare assistance, if eligible.
- Training and professional development related to the knowledge and skills required for service, as well as training specific to the community the member serves. The member will receive a mid-term (if applicable) and end of term evaluation.
Terms of Service Details:
|Term of Service||Service Hours||Service Weeks||Weekly Hours||Living Allowance||Education Award|
Available Start and End Dates:
|Term Start||36 Weeks||24 Weeks|